I am a solicitor in the dispute resolution team at QualitySolicitors Davisons and I handle a broad range of civil litigation matters together with some employment litigation. My specialist areas are contract dispute resolution, both from a business and consumer perspective, professional negligence and consumer credit litigation.
Before joining Davisons in April 2016, I worked for a consultancy services business handling a broad range of commercial legal advice and dispute resolution, prior to this I worked in several private practice firms in order to gain the requisite experience to qualify as a solicitor and prior to that I spent 16 months in-house with a large debt recovery company handling small claims, fast-track and multi-track debt claims under regulated consumer credit agreements.
I like to think that I have an approachable nature and always seek to give clients an honest appraisal of their position so they know where they stand. I can help assess their matter and provide legal advice, explaining their position and presenting options available allowing clients to make their own decisions.
Before qualifying as a solicitor in 2013, I had qualified as a barrister in 2009.
- £12,000 compensation obtained for an unfair dismissal claim, successfully negotiated up from £7,500 where my client’s maximum compensatory award was £15,000 and she faced considerable risk that she would not achieve this had she proceeded. As a result, she avoided having to go through with a trial.
- Successfully persuaded claimant solicitors to discontinue their £11,000 claim against my client on the basis of abuse of process. This was the second time my client was being sued in relation to a particular incident, but by a different claimant. My client did not have to pay the claimants anything and I did not have to file a defence on her behalf.
- Successfully negotiated a favourable settlement of £7,500 inclusive of interest and costs of proceedings brought against my clients, when they were being sued for in excess of £30,000 in circumstances where their defence in law was uncertain.
- Successfully staved off a threatened £65,000 claim against my client on the basis that the agreement for this was unenforceable. The claimant did not take any further action and no legal proceedings were commenced against my client.
- Successfully recovered debt owed to a client from a 'Legal 500' ranked lawyer. My client had been awaiting payment for over 10 months and did not have to commence legal proceedings.