With us, your first advice is always free and in complete confidence.
With small claim disputes, your first conversation with one of our legal experts is your opportunity to find out if you have the sort of problem or dispute where our service may be able to help you.
Small claims dispute:
It can be a dispute involving individual people or businesses. Examples include:
- You’ve bought something that has gone wrong.
- You paid for a service that turned out to be of poor quality or caused damage.
- You are owed money.
- You paid for something and the other person has not carried out what was agreed.
- You have suffered a loss of money because of the advice or actions of someone else.
- You are being disturbed or unable to enjoy living in your home because of someone’s behaviour
The official definition is that the value of what is in disputed is worth less than £10,000.
Once we have chatted to you, we will give you our view as to whether have a case or situation where it is worth you spending time or money on taking it further.
10 minutes is usually all that is needed to work out if we can help you with specific advice and what your options are:
Small claims options:
The main options are:
- Speak to the other side.
- Write a formal complaint letter
- If you’re unhappy with the response and they are a business, use their complaints process or go to their regulator or ombudsman.
- Take legal advice on your specific situation – we offer a £49 and £99 fixed price advice meeting service.
- Then try telephone mediation – 80% of cases are resolved within 14 days
- If all else fails take the matter to the small claims court for a judge to decide.
Once we’ve discussed your situation, we’ll let you know whether it sounds like you have a case we can help you with. We’ll also give you an idea of the costs involved if you want to take it any further; so you can decide if it’s worth you investing the time and money needed.
Our Free First Advice is usually done over the phone and tends to take around 10 to 15 minutes.
What to expect
When you first contact us, one of our legal assistants will take your details - along with any relevant information. If it is sounds like something we can help with, they will then arrange a time for your free 10 minute call with a lawyer who specialises in the area of law needed.
By the end of your lawyer call back, you should know whether we can help and what your next step is. If your Free First Advice call confirms we can help you, then you may want to take specific advice on your situation with our Fixed Price Advice services – costing £49 or £99 depending on the dispute. (These prices include VAT).
We’re here to help, so if you’d like to talk to us, call us on 01978227280.