We are excited to announce that we are recruiting for the following roles:-
* Full time receptionist/typing assistant (Accrington office)
* Full time Residential Conveyancer (preferably with experience of private client work (to based across our three offices)
*** Closing date for applications is 05 July 2019. No agencies.
Email CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or send via post to: FAO Kathryn Reddin,
QualitySolicitors AcklamBond, Equity Chambers, 10-12 St James Street, Accrington, Lancashire, BB5 1LY ***
Full time receptionist/typing assistant (Accrington office)
• Greeting clients and visitors and answering client enquiries; • Answering and routing incoming calls on a multi-line telephone system; • Maintaining conference/meeting rooms and ensuring that the room booking diary is maintained; • Maintaining the reception area, waiting area and other public areas; • Serving tea and coffee to guests; • Scanning, photocopying, faxing and filing documents; • Collecting and sending mail (including DX) and hand-delivered packages; • Issuing visitors passes and ensure that there is an accurate record of employees and visitors in the building on a day to day basis; • Undertake other clerical and administrative duties as may reasonably be required from time to time (for example but not limited to data entry, setting up new case files, typing, assisting with deed/will storage, ensuring accurate record of documents in and out, preparing client care documents); • Ensure spreadsheets are kept accurate at all times; • Assisting accounts department with data entry and overdue accounts; • Monitoring and being responsible for office supplies and stationary
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills in order to communicate with clients, fee earners, directors, third party Solicitors, visitors, court staff, barristers and others; • Ability to operate a multi-line telephone system and office equipment such as computers, printers, scanners, copies, case management system;
• Excellent spelling and grammar skills in order to take effective messages and assistance to draft correspondence and reports; • Familiarity with legal terms and jargons and a good understanding of office forms and legal documents; • Good understanding of IT systems; • Ability to work as part of a team and ability to work to a deadline
• Professional and smart appearance and polished demeanor in order to project the image and ethos of the firm at all times; • Respect for confidentiality and discretion; • Attention to detail; • Positive and upbeat attitude • Patience in dealing with difficult clients and visitors; • Dependability*
Full time Residential Conveyancer (based across three offices)
We are looking for someone with at least 5 years residential conveyancing experience who is either a Solicitor, Licensed Conveyancer or Chartered Legal Executive. The ideal candidate will also have a good working knowledge of private client law (drafting wills, LPAs, probate, trusts etc) and ideally hold STEP qualification.
To deal with a range of Residential Conveyancing transactions including sales, purchases, remortgages, freehold titles (leasehold and unregistered titles) where appropriate to experience and training
To ensure that income is maximised by appropriate provision of additional services and cross referrals
To make effective use of case management system to ensure efficient use of time and resources
Comply with internal and external Service Level Agreements Use Online Tracking or other updating systems effectively Deal with routine calls for updates from clients/third parties Report any customers services issues or complaints to Senior Fee Earner or refer to Head of Department or Head of Compliance and Risk Management where appropriate
To make the most effective use of:- Leap, Workflow and Voicemail systems Email system Internet and Intranet. To use the Outlook calendar and Leap Case Management for effective diary management
To make appropriate recommendations for service improvement. To attend and represent the department at meetings, as required. To undertake any other appropriate duties as may be required. To attend relevant training opportunities to ensure achievement of annual CPD Requirements (where needed). To co-operate with and take part in the Firm’s appraisal scheme. To ensure compliance with the Firm’s Lexcel and CQS policies
To demonstrate support for the Firm’s Vision and Values.
Excellent remuneration package for the right candidate together with competitive holiday allowance.