Job Title and Responsibilities:
- Running a case load of medium to high value litigation matters
- Dealing with all stages of civil and commercial litigation from initial advice and drafting Pleadings to Court work including Interim Applications and Case Management Discussions
- Preparing cases for final hearings and attending fast track and multi track trials to assist Counsel
- Advising commercial clients on a day to day basis with regard to management and employment issues
- Training and supervising members of staff
- Helping to shape the strategic development of the Firm
I always dreamed of being a lawyer from a very young age and QualitySolicitors AcklamBond made that dream a reality. After finishing University I joined the firm in 2009 as a Paralegal and was subsequently offered a Training Contract which was primarily in the Litigation Department. I qualified as a Solicitor in June 2012 and was made an Associate in April 2014 and a Director in 2018.
I initially started doing general civil litigation and as time went on I was instructed more and more by commercial clients and now I primarily deal with commercial litigation and healthcare law, but of course I have maintained my non commercial clients and still accept instructions on general litigation matters.
The working life of an Associate Solicitor is full of deadlines, high pressured and very fast paced but I am most comfortable in that environment. I am very lucky to be able to say that I love my job. I am passionate, focused, strategic and committed to achieving the best results for my clients. I always strive to have a sound understanding of my client’s business problems and commercial objectives and always provide clear pragmatic advice in relation to the same.
When I am not working I am usually with my two year old daughter chasing rainbows or jumping up and down in muddy puddles
I was awarded a 2:1 Degree in Law from Manchester Metropolitan University and subsequently a commendation in my Legal Practice Course.
I am a member of the Association of Women Solicitors and the Junior Lawyer’s Division.
I am part of the firm’s busy Commercial Litigation and Healthcare Law Department which has grown significantly in recent years. I have experience of handling high profile, high value and complex litigation matters and I’ve had notable successes in the High Court. I represent both Claimants and Defendants on a large variety of matters.
Have a question or need some help? Call us today on 01254 872272