Job Title and Responsibilities:
- Running a case load of medium to high value litigation matters
- Dealing with all stages of civil and commercial litigation from initial advice and drafting Pleadings to Court work including Interim Applications and Case Management Discussions
- Preparing cases for final hearings and attending fast track and multi track trials to assist Councel
- Advising commercial clients on a day to day basis with regard to management and employment issues
- Training and supervising junior members of staf
I always dreamed of being a lawyer from a very young age and AcklamBond made that dream a reality. After finishing University I joined the firm in 2009 as a Paralegal and was subsequently offered a Training Contract which was primarily in the Litigation Department. I qualified as a Solicitor in June 2012 and was made an Associate in April 2014.
I initially started doing general civil litigation and as time went on I was instructed more and more by commercial clients and now I primarily deal with commercial litigation and healthcare law, but of course I have maintained my non commercial clients and still accept instructions on general litigation matters.
The working life of an Associate Solicitor is full of deadlines, high pressured and very fast paced but I am most comfortable in that environment. I am very lucky to be able to say that I love my job. I am passionate, focused, strategic and committed to achieving the best results for my clients. I always strive to have a sound understanding of my client’s business problems and commercial objectives and always provide clear pragmatic advice in relation to the same.
When I am not working I am usually with my two year old daughter chasing rainbows or jumping up and down in muddy puddles.
I was awarded a 2:1 Degree in Law from Manchester Metropolitan University and subsequently a commendation in my Legal Practice Course.
Professional Memberships and Activities:
I am a member of the Association of Women Solicitors and the Junior Lawyer’s Division.
I am part of the firm’s busy Commercial Litigation and Healthcare Law Department which has grown significantly in recent years. I have experience of handling high profile, high value and complex litigation matters and I’ve had notable successes in the High Court. I represent both Claimants and Defendants on a large variety of matters:
- Breaches of Contract
- Professional Negligence
- Property disputes
- Contruction disputes
- Arbitration,Litigation, Mediation and other forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution
I act for various Primary Care Providers in the following areas:
- Healthcare Litigation
- Procurement challanges, Contractual disputes (including PMS,GMS and APMS contracts)
- CQC ratings review and appeals
Other Areas of work:
Breaches of contract
Trust for land disputes
Bankruptcy and Insolvency Proceedings
Drafting contracts of employment and advising as to the same
Drafting and advising on Settlement Agreements
Providing general HR advice to commercial clients