An overview of my responsibilities:
- Developing the strategic plan for the firm
- Assisting with the day to day running of the business as part of the management team
- Developing and motivating fellow partners and the management team
- Motivating, communicating, directing and co-ordinating employees and helping to build internal relationships
- Overseeing compliance issues and providing on-going support and training
- Setting standards across the firm
I have always been interested in strategic development and growth and looking at the 'bigger picture' rather than fee earning and therefore I jumped at the chance when I was offered the opportunity to take on the role of Managing Director at QS AcklamBond. It was fantastic to come back to the firm where I started my legal career in the mid 1990s with a view to building upon and growing what is already a successful high street practice.
I found my first few months to be very exciting and fast moving and I am fortunate to be surrounded by a great team who have helped me make a lot of changes within a short period of time. I have always been a people person and one of the best aspects of my job is motivating people and helping them progress. It is especially rewarding when I see how passionate they are when they talk about our firm.
Every day is different and brings its own set of challenges and I would say the most difficult aspect of the job is managing change. I would say that communication is key to helping manage change and ensuring that everyone understands the ethos and direction of the firm. I also think that it is very important to invest time with people to ensure they understand the changes and to have clear reporting lines within a firm.
It has now been two years since I took up my role and I am proud of what the firm has achieved in that time. I am looking forward to working with the team in 2019 in what will be a busy but rewarding year.
LLB (Hons) 2:1
Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Legal Practice - Distinction
- “Dangerous Assignments of CFAs” – Published PI Focus March 2016
- “Are Courts deaf to success fee arguments in noise induced hearing loss claims” – Published Litigation Futures 2014
- Past contributing member of APILs cost clinic
- Guest speaker at various events discussing the impact of the Jackson reforms