An Overview on my responsibilities:
- Running a case load of low to medium value litigation claims
- Assisting the senior Solicitor with litigation claims of high value
- Meeting/Interviewing initial clients to see whether the firm is suitable to act for the client based on their needs and whether we have the expertise to act in the client's best interests
- Taking client's instructions on new matters, and throughout existing cases as they progress
- Drafting documents and letters
- Liasing with other solicitors and barristers
- Negotiating with the other party and/or their solicitors
- Instructing barristers to draft documents/ represent clients at court hearing
- Preparing papers for Court hearing and final trials
- Keeping up to date with changes to case law, statute and other legal rules to ensure the advice I give is accurate
I studied Law at Northumbria University where I completed an integrated masters degree which also included my LPC. This was a quicker (and cheaper) route to obtaining the qualification I needed to open the door to the world of legal practice.
I have now been at QualitySolicitors AcklamBond for over two years and it has been a fantastic experience and leaning curve for me.
I have mainly practiced in the litigation department, which is where I see my future at QualitySolicitors AcklamBond, however I have also had exposure to private client work (wills and probate).
Litigation work is varied, from simple debts to contractual disputes, landlord and tenant work to Partnership disputes.
I enjoy the fast-paced nature of the work and thrive to give excellent client care to my clients together with advising my clients in a people friendly manner.
I think that litigation work suits me as a person- I possess good communication skills, I enjoy negotiating to try and settle claims to obtain the best compromise for my client, I am precise and I am not easily stressed!
Masters in Law, 2:1
I have obtained a vast knowledge of the practise and procedure in Civil Litigation and act for both Claimant and Defendant client's in a range of litigation matters with particular experience in landlord and tenant matters.