We have a wealth of experience in creating wills and makes the process fast, straightforward and hassle-free. And once in place, you’ll be able to relax knowing that you’ve planned for whatever the future may bring.
Worryingly, a recent YouGov survey (carried out between 10th and 11th October 2017) found that those not making wills accounted for:-
- 60% of adults overall;
- 77% of co-habiting couples;
- 45% of couples who were married or in a registered civil partnership;
- 26% of adults aged 55 and over
And those who were discovered to have not even thought about making a will compromised:-
- 33% of adults overall;
- 45% of single people;
- 32% of co-habiting couples;
- 22% of couple who are married or in a registered civil partnership;
- 21% of separated couples
The above statistics show that making a will is still not considered a priority for many people despite the devastating consequences that can happen if you die without making one.
Why should you make a will?
Wills are not just for the wealthy:-
- Disputes over entitlement happen with equal frequency and ferocity in smaller estates;
- Children still need guardians irrespective of your level of wealth
You can leave it to the law to meet your expectations:
- If you remarry your existing will is revoked and you will be without a valid will;
- If you do not have a valid will, the intestacy rules will share out your estate among your relatives with a reference to a legal checklist and your preferences will mean nothing; so the relative you fell out with could end up entitled to some of, or all, of your estate;
- If you are a co-habiting couple, the intestacy rules currently ignore you altogether leaving you to make a costly claim against the estate which could severely affect its value to you;
- If you are divorcing but die before the divorce is complete (and before the matrimonial finances are settled by court order) your spouse or registered civil partner could still inherit, or make a substantial claim from, your estate.
Why should you use QualitySolicitors AcklamBond to make your will?
Our legal advisers are trained, experienced professionals who can provide you with the advice needed to achieve a valid will. Our advice is professionally regulated and audited and underwritten by professional indemnity insurance.
Our caring, friendly solicitors take the stress out of making a will. They know the questions to ask and will guide you gently through the process. Whether your affairs are straightforward or more complex, our will writing service ensures that your will is valid and right for you. We can also store your will safely - protecting it from loss or damage.
So for confidential, expert advice call us today on 01254 872272 and see how we can help you.