COSTS IN CONTACT/RESIDENCE MATTERS
- Initial attendance, for a single meeting: To cover first meeting, discussing history and proposal, letter confirming instructions, no letter to the other party:
- Initial attendance: To cover first meeting, discussing history and proposals, drafting and sending first letter, letter confirming instruction, sending follow-up letter if no response, and a second meeting to discuss next steps, including whether or not to issue proceedings (but not their preparation):
- Details arrangements of contact. Either done by client or, if by solicitor, at £10 each letter and telephone call, with an initial limit of a further
- Preparing court documents. To include preparing court application form, and exemption of fees form (the latter if necessary, and only to the extent that client brings relevant means documents to that meeting, and sending them off to court.
- Attending first court appointment. Suggested that no representation necessary, as that will be mediation/directions.
- Preparation for hearing. To consider respondent’s’ statement, and the welfare report, and preparing your statement,
£150 if done in one meeting, £250 if done in two meetings
- Preparation for hearing. Advising on and preparing bundle, plus general discussion.
£100 if done at one meeting, £175 if done at two meetings
- Any further work. (e.g. further preparation for, or representation at hearing). Either as agreed or at £120 per hour for time, and £10 each letter or telephone call. Travel and waiting at £60 per hour.
NB all figures are plus VAT, currently at 20%.
Have a question or need some help? Call us today on 02087127439