We can help you by:
- Advising and explaining the terms of the will
- If there is no will we can advise on who will be entitled to inherit the estate
- Identifying and valuing assets in the estate
- Preparing a full account of the estate for HM Revenue & Customs
- Obtaining a grant of representation from the Probate Registry - this is the official authorisation for executors or administrators to deal with the estate
- Paying any taxes due
- Preparing accounts to show what the estate consists of and how it is to be divided up
- Distributing property and money to the beneficiaries
Leave it all to us
We can help with all of this, whether we have been appointed as executors or not, and whether or not we drew up the will. We can also advise whether any tax can be saved by an agreement to alter the way the estate is divided up - click here for more about inheritance tax.
We will tell you what has to be done to administer the estate, and how long it is likely to take. Moreover, we will keep you fully informed of progress towards the final distribution of the assets.
We will give you an estimate of our fees and other expenses before we start work, and if extra costs may have to be incurred we will always ask you first.