The first step is to try negotiation then mediation to see if a neutral third party can help you to agree the a plan for you to see your children. 

Common Issues

  • How often you can see your kids or how ofren you are willing to allow your ex-partner to see them
  • Whether contact should be supervised
  • Whether you should allow/be allowed overnight contact

It is important to always ask yourself one question throughout your dispute - is what’s best for your kids?

Going to court should always be a last resort, but for many is still the only way they are able to see their children, or prevent a violent or abusive ex-partner from having contact with them.

I need help to see my kids

If you are seeking contact with your child after a separation you can gain a Contact Order from the courts setting out your ‘rights’ to see your children and under what circumstances. This is now known as a Child Arrangement Order.

Removing access rights to my child

If you are trying to prevent an ex-partner having contact with your children, perhaps because of welfare concerns, you can oppose the Court granting of any Order for contact.

We can help you and remember your FIRST ADVICE IS ALWAYS FREE