We're excited to be joing the nationwide campaign to help change the lives of children.... There are more than 6,000 genetic disorders and 1 in 25 children in the UK are born with one - that's around 30,000 babies every year.
We're inviting staff to leave their suits and uniforms at home and wear their jeans to work in return for a donation to this great cause - why not pop in if you're nearby and you can also contribute at reception and receive a sticker in return! Download the Jeans for Genes poster from our Community Page and read what the Charity has to say. As in previous years, the amount we raise will be generously match funded by our Partners so we can maximise our donation.
In 2014, 25 charities will benefit from the funds raised, which will buy...
- £25 - will pay for a specialist to support a parent's call
- £50 - will pay for a parent to attend a support day
- £350 - will pay for a child to have a weekend away with other children like them
- £1300 - will pay for a child to communicate with their eyes via specialist equipment
- £2000 - will pay for a specialist nurse to support families affected by a disorder
Celebrity supporters this year include, Comedian Keith Lemon, Coronation Street’s Kym Marsh and Catherine Tyldesley, reality television stars Louise Thompson, Sam Faiers, Fearne McCann and Caggie Dunlop, Olympic gymnast Louis Smith, Footballer Fabrice Muamba, actress Gemma Merna, dancer Danielle Peazer, fashion designer Coleen Rooney and Katie Price.
To see what your jeans could do this year, why not have your own Jeans for Genes Day? Visit: www.jeansforgenes.org to see some of the great videos and order your fundraising kit today, or call 0800 980 4800.