If you have received medical treatment which has resulted in a worsening of your condition or additional unexpected health problems, you could be a victim of medical negligence. If so, you may be entitled to compensation for any suffering and any financial costs that you have incurred as a result. The solicitors at QualitySolicitors Bradbury Roberts & Raby in Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire are experts in the law of medical negligence and can advise you on whether you have a valid claim as well as seeking compensation on your behalf.
Why choose QualitySolicitors Bradbury Roberts & Raby?
Our team of specialist medical negligence and personal injury lawyers, led by Partner Ian Horner, has in-depth expertise in complex medical negligence claims and has successfully obtained compensation in numerous cases of medical negligence, from extracting the wrong tooth to amputating the wrong limb. We ensure that our clients are compensated for their physical and mental suffering and for any financial implications which arise because of the negligence of a medical practitioner.
You can also download our FAQs (frequently asked questions) and Top Tips which are found at the side of the following pages to help you: Care or Nursing Home, Cosmetic Surgery, Dental, GP, Hospital and NHS or Private Medical Negligence Claims.
Are you eligible for compensation?
If you or a loved one has suffered because of medical negligence in the UK, talk to us today for free on 01724 854000 to see if you could have a medical negligence claim. We can usually tell you within the first appointment whether you have the potential for a claim. Most medical negligence claims must be brought within three years from the point when a person ought reasonably to have known that he or she was a victim of medical negligence. Therefore it is imperative that you seek expert legal advice as soon as you have concerns.
Our team of solicitors and personal injury specialists can provide legal advice on all types of medical negligence claim, including: -
- Negligence in a hospital, such as misdiagnosing a condition, failing to give the correct treatment, making mistakes in surgery, not giving the right aftercare or neglecting a patient’s general personal needs.
- Negligence by a GP, such as failing to examine a patient properly, failing to refer a patient to a specialist for a second opinion or failing to order tests to be carried out.
- Negligence by a cosmetic surgeon, such as making mistakes in surgery or treatment or using dangerous equipment and products.
- Negligence by a dentist, such as failing to diagnose a condition or treating the wrong area of the mouth.
- Negligence in a care/nursing home, such as failing to provide mobility aids and specialist lifting equipment and failing to give the correct medication.
Whether your claim is against the NHS or a private medical practitioner we can help, and as members of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) you can rest assured that you are in safe hands.
Funding a medical negligence claim
Depending on the circumstances of your particular case, there may be a number of ways to cover your legal costs, such as via an insurance policy or a no win, no fee arrangement. We will be able to explain the options to you when we have the details of your claim.
Call us today on 01724 854000 for a free confidential chat about your case.