Details about our recent CQS accreditation and what it means for you.
CQS was launched in 2011 by the Law Society for firms of solicitors to show that they provide a recognised quality standard in residential conveyancing. Membership achievement establishes a level of credibility for member firms with stakeholders (regulators, lenders, insurers and consumers) based upon:
• The integrity of the Senior Responsible Officer and other key conveyancing staff
• The firm's adherence to good practice management standards
• Adherence to prudent and efficient conveyancing procedures through the scheme protocol
This scheme is recognised by many mortgage lenders and an increasing number of lenders are now requiring firms of solicitors to be members of CQS before being able to deal with a mortgage on their behalf. In the circumstances where a firm is not accredited with CQS there may be cases where a separate firm of solicitors would be required to act in relation to your mortgage, which would mean for you additional costs and additional stress with having to deal with two separate firms of solicitors.
For many people, buying and selling your home can be one of the biggest life experiences you will go through and perhaps one of the most stressful times you will have whether you are a first time buyer or have gone through the process many times. We at QualitySolicitors Burton & Co aim to provide you with a first-rate service to ensure that the process is easy and as pleasant for you as possible.
What you can expect from us:
- Informing you what the cost for the transaction will be from the offset
- We will clearly explain the steps involved in the transaction
- We will keep you up to date with the progression of your sale and/or purchase
- Providing you with a professional and efficient service
- Providing you with direct contact with your conveyancing solicitor
- Direct dial telephone numbers
- Your solicitor’s direct email address
- Experienced support staff
• Treat you fairly
• Be polite and professional
• Respond promptly to your enquiries
• Inform you of any problems as soon as we are aware of them
• Ask you for your feedback on our service
By Gillian Smith, Conveyancing Team Member.