Google Adwords 0808 278 1398 Bing Ads 0808 274 4482


You may need to make decisions for someone who has lost their mental capacity when there is neither a lasting power of attorney nor enduring power of attorney.

Once the person has lost their mental capacity, it is no longer possible for them to make a power of attorney and therefore the only option available is to apply to the Court of Protection for a decision to be made on a particular matter. However, if there is a continuing need to make decisions on the person's behalf, you can ask the Court of Protection to appoint you as a deputy.

A deputy is usually a family member or someone who knows the person well but can also be a professional person such as an accountant or solicitor.  A deputy can make decisions about someone's property and financial affairs and sometimes personal welfare issues.

We have professionals who are experienced in making applications to the Court of Protection and complying with necessary regulations and rules. If you are unsure if deputyship applies to you then please give Heidi Shearman a call to discuss further. 

Expert legal advice you can rely on:

Expert legal advice you can rely on,
get in touch today:

Please let us know you are not a robot