Conveyancing Legal Assistant
The role of the Legal Assistant is to provide effective support to our Conveyancing Teams in multiple sites.
- Providing full support to our Conveyancing Solicitors to enable them to operate efficiently.
- Preparing correspondence using our case management system.
- Attending to clients both on the telephone and in person.
- Preparing mail and enclosures for dispatch.
- Arranging the scanning and photocopying of paperwork.
- Preparing legal reports which include mortgage reports, search reports and title reports to clients.
- Doing title check when new contract packs which includes raising enquiries on and replying to enquiries received on sale transactions.
- Liaising with clients, solicitors and banks in respect of all issues involved in sale and purchase transactions.
- Carrying out exchange of contracts and preparation of files in readiness of completion
- Have excellent knowledge and experience within residential conveyancing
- Demonstrate initiative and be able to undertake searches and other work on files without dictation.
- Be confident in reviewing contract packs, raising enquiries and dealing with enquiries on sale transactions.
- Be able to pay attention to details and maintain confidentiality.
- Possess high levels of speed and accuracy.
- Have a good telephone manner and be comfortable speaking with clients both on the telephone and in person.
- Be highly organised, methodical and adaptable.
QualitySolicitors Davisons have been established for over 25 years and now have over 190 staff in 7 locations throughout Birmingham & the West Midlands. We specialise in property, family, wills, employment and litigation and also provide a range of commercial services.
We are a progressive, forward-thinking practice and offer a supportive working environment together with opportunities for career development.