We are looking for an experienced Family Solicitor with a minimum of 3-5 years’ PQE who takes a proactive approach to business development and networking to join our Edgbaston Office.
The role will be to provide competent, clear and concise advice to our family clients.
- Running and managing your own caseload within the family team under the supervision of the director
- Providing advice to individuals and families including but not limited to the following areas:
- Private Law Children Matters
- Financial Settlements
- Domestic Violence
- Pre and Post Nuptial Agreements
- Cohabitee disputes
- Dealing with complex and time-sensitive matters
- Taking new instructions
- Legal Research
- Assisting the Director
- Ideally be a fully qualified senior solicitor (3-5+ PQE desirable), although other qualifications (i.e. CILEX and CLC) will also be considered
- Confident in running own caseload
- Be commercially astute, understanding the importance of business targets and their impact to the practice.
- Have excellent levels of communication, both written and verbal
- Have a good academic record; training with a leading national or regional firm is an advantage.
- Have strong IT skills
- Have a firm and functional knowledge within family law
- Have experience managing your own caseload of privately funded work
- Demonstrate initiative and the drive to produce a high standard of service to our clients
- Possess high levels of speed and accuracy
- Be highly organized, methodical and adaptable
- Commercially driven
- Have a proven ability to bring in work and be confident in business development
In return, we offer challenging work in a friendly and supportive environment together with great opportunities for career development and a competitive salary.