Conveyancing Solicitor Vacancy
We are an established, traditional yet modern, firm that has been providing legal services in the South West for over 150 years. We are in the heart of Somerset, with high street branches in Street, Glastonbury & Wells. Our client base is largely local people and businesses that return to us through their generations. We pride ourselves on our reputation, personable approach and professionalism, which in turn promotes word-of-mouth recommendations along with excellent relationships built with the local estate agents and other local businesses. We have a welcoming, friendly, family feel that sees job longevity within our staff. We encourage staff abilities and progression, which is very much led by the individual's ambitions.
We are looking for an experienced Residential Property lawyer to join our successful Conveyancing Department. You will be a qualified and experienced Solicitor, Chartered Legal Executive or a Licensed Conveyancer with a minimum of 3 years PQE.
This is a permanent position based at our Street Office.
This role will involve dealing with a broad spectrum of residential property work and will require the following skills and attributes:
• Ability to manage a caseload from initial instruction to completion, covering (but not limited to), freehold and leasehold transactions for sales and purchases, re-mortgages, new build purchases, transfers of equity, shared ownership, shared equity and right to buy.
• Experience of commercial conveyancing would be an added advantage but not essential.
• Ability to work within a team, and to utilise the support staff efficiently as well as use your technical knowledge and experience to support and mentor the wider team, as required.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, although there will be regular contact with the Head of Conveyancing.
• Be able to work well under pressure, provide excellent client care, have excellent verbal and written communication skills and maintain consistent billing.
• Be self-motivated and have strong organisational and time management skills.
• Be IT Savvy and proficient in the use of a Case Management system and use of MS Office applications (Word, Outlook etc).
• Hold a good understanding of Compliance and Risk.
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience
• 33 days annual leave (inc bank holidays)
• A happy birthday paid day off in addition to annual leave
• Company Pension Scheme
• Continued professional development and career development
• Christmas to New Year (discretionary) paid time off – in addition to the annual leave and birthday
• Free Parking at the Street office
• Hybrid working (remote & office) arrangement where possible and/or required
• Assignment of a company Mobile Phone
• Assignment of a company laptop
• Annual free eye test
• Annual Practising Certificate renewal
This is a full time position, although we will consider applications for part-time hours.
Our office hours are Monday – Friday between 9.00am to 5.00pm.