As one of the first UK equine solicitors, Susan Bywater-Lewis developed her role in the Wales and South West region specialising in equine related litigation claims, allowing Susan to utilise her interest and experience with horses.
Susan and her team are able to assist with all aspects of this specialised area of the law including:
- Riding school accidents
- Accidents at trekking centres
- Accidents with horses/cars on the roads
- Defending training instructors
- Accidents whilst hunting/racing/competing
- Injuries to members of the public at shows/competitions/public events
- Injuries to members of the public involving horses on the roads
- Horses that escape onto the roads causing damage/injury
- Disputes at livery yards
- Disputes on the sale of a horse
- Disputes on the training of a horse
- Professional negligence claims against vets
- Public liability and Liability under the Animals Act 1971
In order to prevent disputes occurring in the first place we are also able to advise on and assist with:
- Sale and purchase agreements in relation to horses and ponies
- Livery and grazing agreements and contracts
- Equestrian business purchase and sales
- Equestrian business conveyancing and property matters
We work with an efficient team including experienced barristers who specialise in equine law along with other experts in the field to ensure you get the correct advice and assistance as each case is unique in its circumstances.
J A Hughes also offers free initial assessment, which means that you can discuss your situation and options with us before deciding which approach is best for you. Once we know what your concern is, our aim is a quick and successful resolution for you.