We suggest discussing your case with us as each case is different and therefore the costs indicated below may be lower or higher than the broad estimates. We may be able to be more specific and/or you may require only part of the services that we can offer you.
These costs are likely to apply where your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed and enforcement action is not needed. If the other party disputes your claim at any point, we will discuss any further work required and provide you with revised advice about costs if necessary, which could be on a fixed fee, or an hourly rate if more extensive work is needed.
|Debt value||Court fee||Our fee (incl. VAT)|
|Up to £5,000||Range from – to
£25.00 - £185.00
|Range from – to
£250.00 - £750.00
|£5,001 - £10,000||£410.00||£250.00 - £1,250.00|
|£10,001 - £50,000||4.5% value of the claim||£350.00 - £2,000.00|
Anyone wishing to proceed with a claim should note that:
- The VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor.
- Interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher cost.
- The costs quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action, such as a bailiff, is needed to collect your debt.
Our fee includes:
- Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation
- Sending a Letter Before Action under the Civil Procedure Rules
- If the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing a claim
- Where no Acknowledgment of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter Judgement in default
- When Judgement in default in received, write to the other side to request payment
- If payment is not received, providing you with advice on next steps and likely costs
Usually we can issue a Letter Before Action within 3-14 days from receipt of all information we require from you. If proceedings are necessary, they are issued and available to serve on the Defendant within around 14 days of filing them. The Defendant has 28 days from service of the proceedings to file any Defence.