QualitySolicitors in legal first with ground-breaking new Online Customer Portal
New service to transform client services and help reduce administration
QualitySolicitors, the UK’s leading network of solicitors, today launches a new online customer platform – the first of its kind in the legal services profession.
The online, secure portal provides consumers with a convenient and simple way to activate or access their legal case from the comfort of their own home.
Transforming client services
Clients will be able to complete the majority of their legal administration online, including:
- Make payments simply and quickly via the portal instead of by cheque
- Run ID checks online where previously clients had to make a trip to the solicitors office
- Sign legal documents such as terms & conditions, instead of sending paper documents by post
- New clients can start the process online in their own time, without the need to come in and see the firm first
Further functionality is to be added in the future to continue to provide clients with an intuitive way to interact with their solicitors online.
Easy access to legal services
This marks the next step in QualitySolicitors’ ongoing commitment to increase accessibility to all areas of legal services. QualitySolicitors developed the portal following feedback from clients as to how they would like to manage their legal affairs.
Recent customer research highlighted that 35% of people considering divorce would feel more comfortable if some of the process could be carried out online. Similarly, 14% said cost was their primary concern when meeting a solicitor face-to-face whilst a further 11% said the prospect of going to a solicitor’s office made them nervous.
Eddie Ross, CEO of QualitySolicitors comments, ‘We are proud to be continuing to drive the legal profession into the 21st century through our ongoing innovations. We believe that the launch of our online customer portal marks a step change in the way people access legal services in the future. Customers often come to us feeling emotional, wary or nervous so we have put a lot of effort into look and feel of the portal so that our customers feel as relaxed, confident and comfortable whether they’re accessing our services online or face-to-face. Ultimately, this is about supporting our ongoing drive to democratise legal services, helping everyone access the services they need in a hassle-free manner.”
The website is designed for access via desktop, mobile or tablet devices.
- Ends -
- Launched in 2010, QualitySolicitors is a group of law firms across the country working as part of the QualitySolicitors brand. Only one firm per local area is selected to become a QualitySolicitors partner. Customer feedback forms an integral part of the selection process.
- QualitySolicitors’ national network of lawyers consists of over 100 branches across England and Wales.
- QualitySolicitors lawyers are experts in their fields dealing with both consumer and SME legal matters. QualitySolicitors offers a personal, local service but with the assurance of a recognised national brand.
- QualitySolicitors’ website address is www.qualitysolicitors.com
- In 2011 QualitySolicitors secured equity investment from Palamon Capital Partners, a private equity house with a £700m fund.