The ‘Biking Barrister' Set To Ride The Length Of England In Aid Of Barnardo's
Monday 15th August 2016
Frank Lissimore, 63, to take part in epic motorcycle ride in aid of children’s charity
A partner of a law firm based in Crystal Palace, South East London today sets off on an epic road trip around England to raise money for children’s charity Barnardo’s.
Frank Lissimore, 63, of QualitySolicitors Amphlett Lissimore, will ride his motorbike for over 1,000 miles in a trip he expects to take five days and four nights with the hope that he arrives back at QualitySolicitors Amphlett Lissimore on Friday 19th August. During his trip around the country, Frank will check in at 15 of his fellow QualitySolicitors firms as well as visiting the Barnardo’s Birmingham branch and Head Office, based in Ilford Essex.
Frank came up with idea when his local Barnardo’s branch was forced to close their purpose-built children’s centre as well as having to cut back on help provided to vulnerable children and families due to local authority funding cuts. These crushing developments within his local community mobilised Frank to want to do something practical to try and help.
Frank comments, “I never thought that charities needed my help – but when I met people from Barnardo’s I realised how heavily they rely on individuals and sponsorship contributions. When it was explained to me how even a small sum can count, I decided I had to do something, which has lead to Biking for Barnardo’s.”
Frank hopes to raise £4,000 for the charity in order to match the amount he raised last year at a charity ball organised by QS Amphlett Lissimore. As well as donations, Frank will also be selling raffle tickets at each place he visits offering people the chance to win a number of prizes.
Frank has been riding motorcycles for 45 years and will be using his BMW 1200 GS for the journey. The road trip starts at his home in Oxted, Surrey and will see him visit the following areas before finishing back at the firm’s office in Crystal Palace, South East London.
- St Ives
- Crystal Palace
The challenge is the latest initiative in the partnership between QualitySolicitors and Barnardo’s, which dates back to 2010. In the past six years, QualitySolicitors and Barnardo’s have worked closely on a number of joint-projects. For example, in 2012 Barnardo’s Will Week saw QualitySolicitors’ representatives across the country offer their time for free to help over-55’s understand the importance of arranging their affairs A number of firms across the QualitySolicitors network encourage their staff to take part in personal challenges designed to raise funds for Barnardo’s.
- Launched in 2010, QualitySolicitors is a group of law firms across the country working as part of the QualitySolicitors brand. Only one firm per local area is selected to become a QualitySolicitors partner. Customer feedback forms an integral part of the selection process.
- QualitySolicitors’ national network of lawyers consists of over 100 branches across England and Wales.
- QualitySolicitors lawyers are experts in their fields dealing with both consumer and SME legal matters. QualitySolicitors offers a personal, local service but with the assurance of a recognised national brand.
- QualitySolicitors’ website address is www.qualitysolicitors.com
- In 2011 QualitySolicitors secured equity investment from Palamon Capital Partners, a private equity house with a £700m fund.