South Wales Law Firm Sends Early Christmas Gifts To Young Carers
Monday 19th December 2016
QualitySolicitors hpjv delivers presents to local young carers
A law firm based on Baneswell Road in Newport have donated a large number of gift boxes to Newport Young Carers, a Barnardo’s run project.
Employees of QualitySolicitors hpjv filled the boxes with pyjamas, books and chocolate as well as a £5 gift card so each of the children could choose their own gift with the intention to give them to young children who have the main caring responsibility for their parent or sibling.
They delivered the 40 gift boxes to Newport Young Carers on the 14th of December.
Jon Hilder, Project Worker at Newport Young Carers, said; “We’re so grateful for hpjv’s kind donations and we know the children and young people will be over the moon!
“We have around 80 young carers on our books in Newport, however many refuse to come forward for fear of being put into care or being labelled negatively. Hopefully, stories like this will bring more forward.”
This is the latest charitable activity QS hpjv have been involved in for Barnardo’s. Earlier this year, Louise Shortman, a solicitor at the firm, ran the Cardiff Half-marathon in name of the charity. On top of this, Philipa O’Hara, Solicitor, and Carrieanne Greenway, Wills and Probate Secretary, took on ‘The Wire’ at the National Diving & Activity Centre as part of the Barnardo’s “Bucket List” challenge. In total QS hpjv has raised £650 for the children’s charity.
- Launched in 2010, QualitySolicitors is a group of law firms across the country working as part of the QualitySolicitors brand. Only one firm per local area is selected to become a QualitySolicitors partner. Customer feedback forms an integral part of the selection process.
- QualitySolicitors’ national network of lawyers consists of over 100 branches across England and Wales.
- QualitySolicitors lawyers are experts in their fields dealing with both consumer and SME legal matters. QualitySolicitors offers a personal, local service but with the assurance of a recognised national brand.
- QualitySolicitors’ website address is www.qualitysolicitors.com
- In 2011 QualitySolicitors secured equity investment from Palamon Capital Partners, a private equity house with a £700m fund.