The Local Offer tells you what support is available for children and young people with special educational needs (SEN) and/or disabilities, and their families. It should include information about education, health and care provision. It should also tell you about training, employment and independent living for young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities.
The Local Offer is for:
- children and young people with SEN and/or disabilities from birth to 25
- their parents and carers
- practitioners and professionals.
The Local Offer should:
- make it easier to find out what you need to know
- give you information about what is available
- tell you where you can get further information.
The Local Offer should also make services more responsive to local needs.
The Local Offer includes information on:
- how children and young peoples’ needs are identified
- how their needs are assessed
- the special educational, health and social care provision for children and young people with SEN or disabilities
- opportunities for training and employment
- support for independent living
- how provision is funded
- leisure activities and support groups
- where you can find more information, advice and support
- arrangements for travel
- the help available to resolve disagreements.
The Local Offer must also tell you about services provided outside your area which local people are likely to use.
Useful Link: Warwickshire County Council Local Offer; https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/send
If you need further guidance or advice in regards to your Local Offer, our Education Law Team offer a free initial telephone consultation by calling 01926 354704 or email email@example.com