Google Adwords 0808 278 1398 Bing Ads 0808 274 4482

Special educational needs law

Special educational needs (SEN) and disability law is a specialist area of law in the UK. This area is governed by a number of specific laws and regulations, as well as incorporating several more general provisions that cover education, health, disability discrimination and exclusion. These laws are in place to ensure children and young people with a disability are able to access the specialist care they may need in order to achieve the best possible life outcomes.

If you feel the support your child is getting is inadequate, or your child is being unfairly treated because of their disability, you may wish to request a statutory assessment or Education, Health and Care (EHC) needs assessment from the NHS in Gloucestershire, run in partnership with Gloucestershire County Council.

Depending on the outcome of that assessment, you may wish to take further steps or appeal the decision about the level of care your child is entitled to. We can work with you and your child through a resolution process that focuses first and foremost on getting the right solution in place to meet your child’s needs. If you’re not satisfied with how your child’s case is being handled, we can pursue a satisfactory outcome on your behalf with the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal.

We’ve supported parents with children living with, for example:

  • Physical disability
  • Mental health conditions
  • Intellectual disability or acquired brain injury
  • Vision or hearing impairment
  • Behaviour disorders
  • Autism Spectrum Disorder

Get in touch to find out about how your child’s needs should be catered for, including what additional services and support they may be entitled to, and how their rights must be protected. Call us on 01452 404 738.

Expert legal advice you can rely on,
get in touch today:

Please let us know you are not a robot