It is important to reduce the upset to your children and here are some steps to reduce the impact on them – Read our full fact sheet.
- Agree your behaviour in front of children
- Listen to your children & ask them what they want
- Clearly tell your children you love them
- Never criticise your former partner in front of the children
- Do not use your children as messengers
- Treat your former partner with respect in front of the children
- Try to both co-operate over issues relating to your children
- Try to agree arrangements where both parents remain actively involved
Our team of family lawyers have many years of experience in representing parents who find themselves in this situation. A relationship breakdown is not easy and disagreements may potentially occur, but we can support you in reaching your objectives for the child arrangements.
The purpose of our role is not only to support you in child arrangements, but to represent you through negotiations with your spouse/partner. If court proceedings are necessary, we can represent you throughout the proceedings. We will explain every stage of the process and the factors the court will consider when being asked to make an order. Our service is to take the stress away from your difficult relationship breakdown and ensure you reach the legal entitlement you deserve.
We have been representing our clients in family law for over 30 years. We are different to many firms as we undertake as much of the advocacy in court as we can. This means that you have the lawyer who knows your case representing you in court and presenting your case to the Judge. There are no hidden costs in our services and we don’t charge for three letters when one will cover all areas.