People want to change their name for a number of reasons. A name change is accepted unless it seeks to defraud or has some criminal benefit. It is possible for people to simply call you by your new name. 

Difficulties arise when documentary evidence is required to confirm your identity.  A deed poll or statutory declaration is sensible as other parties and authorities will accept a document more readily than your word.

A change of name deed is drawn up by one of our lawyers which is then signed by you and your signature witnessed. If there are any associated matters to the change of name deed, we can discuss these at the same time.

You may wish to change the surnames of your children. This can be complicated and if the other parent with parental responsiblity does not agree, you will need to apply to the court for an order. 

Please call Louise Trueman to arrange an appointment.