Conveyancing Fees - Remortgage
Re-mortgage of a freehold or leasehold residential property – information on pricing
Our fees cover all the work* required to complete the re-mortgage of your home, including dealing with registration at the Land Registry.
Conveyancer's fees and disbursements
- Legal fee £600 (inc VAT)
- Electronic money transfer fee £20 per transfer(inc VAT)
Estimated total: £620.00
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as search fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process..
- HM Land Registry fee (no VAT charged): £95 to £540
- Search fees: £300 to £500 OR Search Indemnity : £50.00 (depending on Lender requirements)
- VAT on search fees: £60 to £100
- Subtotal: £145 to £1,152
Anticipated Further Disbursements re Leasehold Property
There are certain disbursements which will be set out in the individual lease relating to the Property. The disbursements which we anticipate will apply are set out separately below. This list is not exhaustive and other disbursements may apply depending on the term of the lease. We will update you on the specific fees upon receipt and review of the lease
- Notice of Charge fee (if the property is leasehold) – This fee is set out in the lease. Often the fee is between £20 and £150.
- Certificate of Compliance fee (if the property is leasehold) - To be confirmed upon receipt of the lease, as can range between £50 and £150.
- Obtain ground rent receipt and buildings insurance confirmation from landlord - £10 to £400
*These fees vary from property to property and can on occasion be significantly more than the ranges given above. We can give you an accurate figure once we have sight of your specific documents.
Grand total depending on the price you are paying, between: £765 and £1,772.00 (Or £845.00 - £2,472.00 if a leasehold property)
How long will my re-mortgage take?
How long it will take from you getting a mortgage offer to completing the re-mortgage will depend on a number of factors. The average process takes between 6 and 8 weeks. It can be quicker or slower, depending on the individual lenders.
* Our fee assumes that:
a.this is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise including for example (but not limited to) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction
b.the transaction is concluded in a timely manner and no unforeseen complication arise
c.all parties to the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties providing documentation
d.the land is registered. If it is unregistered, an additional fee of £100 plus VAT will be charged
e.you are not obtaining an Islamic mortgage. If you are, we will be unable to help you.