If everything goes according to plan, this is how long it will take to complete the legal paperwork for the sale of your home.
Occasionally other parties delay things that may slow the transaction. If this happens, you can rest assured we will keep you informed.
- We receive your instructions.
- We send you a letter introducing LCF Residential.
- We will request various pieces of information.
- Information received from you.
- Estate Agents information received.
- We will then contact buyer’s lawyers.
- Submit draft Contracts and accompanying documents to buyer’s lawyers.
- We receive enquiries from the buyer’s lawyers regarding the property.
- We, with you, answer those enquiries and respond with any additional information.
- Obtain settlement figure for any mortgage or charges.
- Ready to exchange Contracts — we have you sign the documents. But “WAIT” — if linked with other transactions we must wait for those transactions and other parties to be ready to proceed.
- When all have got their information, paperwork, mortgage offers and linked sales/purchases in order:
- We “Exchange Contracts” — i.e. bind the purchasers to buy and you to sell at the Contract price.
- We fix the “Completion Date” — the date you will give up ownership of the property.
- Completion! You have sold your property
- After completion, we repay any mortgages in your name secured upon the property.
- We pay your Estate Agents and our costs.