If you're an employer, new parent, expectant parent or planning children, the question of maternity and paternity rights is something that may have occupied your mind at some point. If so, then you're in the right place to learn more about the options available to you.
- Are you aware of the policies and procedures you should have in place?
- Have you made plans to accommodate and protect pregnant staff?
- Are you aware of their obligations to you?
- When it comes to maternity entitlements and responsibilities do you think you have all the facts?
- Is the information you need openly available at work?
- Do you know who to ask and are you comfortable in doing so?
In a recent survey by OnePoll, 1,000 women with or considering children were asked for their experiences in the work place in relation to maternity rights. The survey highlighted the need for more clarity and certainty for both employers and employees. In response, we've created these online resources to help provide more information about key legal considerations for pregnancy and parenthood in the work place.
Whether you're an employer or an employee, our free guides provide tailored information on your legal rights, responsibilities, entitlements and the timelines involved.
If you're unsure, you're not alone. That's why we're keen for you to share your experience, views and questions, whether you wish to learn more or help others in a similar situation to yourself.