QualitySolicitors is committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and website visitors. We understand the importance you place on the privacy and security of information which personally identifies you, and we value our relationship with you. Whether you are a first time visitor or a regular user, we take your privacy seriously.
This policy should also be read in conjunction with our Acceptable Use Policy.
All references to ‘QualitySolicitors’ or ‘we’ or ‘us’ means Quality Solicitors Organisation Limited. All references to ‘Partner Firm’s means those firms that are a member of the QualitySolicitors network of law firms at any time.
Information we may collect from you
We ask you for personal data only when it is needed to provide services you have enquired about, or asked us to provide, or to respond to your requests for information.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site (including any affiliated or linked sites such as the Customer Platform website provided by us) (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, register to use our Customer Platform service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description and photograph, although for the Customer Platform this may include additional personal information for the purposes of providing an enquiry relating to a service under the Customer Platform.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we may collect that data and share it internally and combine with data collected on this site. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, our Partner Firms, business partners, sub-contractors and any third party affiliate) who may provide services on our behalf and we may receive information about you from them.
Uses of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information in the following circumstances (where relevant):
- to pass information to our Partner Firms for the purpose of passing on enquiries relating to legal services (this includes any personal information you may provide to us under the Customer Platform)
- to pass to our third party affiliates from time to time in relation to those services you have may have registered for under the Customer Platform.
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please contact us at the following email address: email@example.com.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your Information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Firms within the QualitySolicitors network, business partners, third party affiliates, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If QualitySolicitors or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transfe rred assets.
Where we store your Personal Information
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Quality Solicitors Organisation Limited, New Walk House, 108-110 New Walk, Leicester, LE1 7EA or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held by us about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Compliance with Law
We will not pass your personal information to anyone outside of the Group, without your prior consent, except where we are otherwise legally required to do so (for example to the Inland Revenue, Benefits Agency, any court of competent jurisdiction or any law enforcement agency with statutory authority).
We may edit this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our web pages. This website and its contents are protected by copyright. The content provided on this website is for general information only.
What is a cookie?
A cookie, also known as a web cookie, or browser cookie, is a data file that is stored on your computer or mobile phone by a web browser, which can collect data such as what buttons have been clicked on, how much time has been spent on a web page, and other actions you may have carried out. Cookies also have the ability to remember actions and record preferences which allow certain pages to be served in a particular way.
Some examples of cookies come in the form of session cookies, which expire as soon as the user leaves the website. Other cookies, such as third party cookies, are set from different websites, like Google, and can be present on your device for months or up to a few years.
- Google Analytics cookies. These cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
- Atlas cookies. These cookies are used to collect information about the marketing activity and the sales driven from this activity. The information is used to compile reports and to help improve the site and marketing activity. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of clicks to the site from marketing activity, where the clicks have come from and the number of sales.
- Session cookies. These expire at the end of a browser session that is when the user exits the browser. They allow website operators to link the actions of users during a single browser session to allow them to use the website most efficiently. For example, session cookies enable a website to remember that a user has placed items in an online shopping basket.
Management of cookies
If you have decided that you don’t want cookies placed on your device, you can alter your web browser settings so that it alerts you when cookies are sent to it, or you can reject cookies altogether. You can also remove cookies that have already been placed.
However, if you wish to restrict or block web browser cookies which are placed on your computer or mobile device, then you can do this through your browser settings in the Help section, located in your browser menu. Here it will explain clearly what to do.
Most web browsers allow easy management of cookies through browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Website Usage Data
With or without cookies, our website keeps track of usage data, such as the source address that the page request is coming from (i.e. your IP address, domain name), date and time of the page request, the referring website (if any) and other parameters in the URL (e.g. search criteria). We use this data to better understand how our website is used. This information is stored in log files and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting but is not attributed to you as an individual except where you may use a static IP address in which case the data may be attributed to you directly where it could be disclosed for the purposes of legal disclosure.
Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us (Quality Solicitors Organisation Limited) under which you may access our website www.qualitysolicitors.com (including any intranet site, the QualitySolicitors Customer Platform site and any other site owned by us as applicable (whether accessed via our website or not) (our site). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you are over 18 and you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms and conditions (terms of website use).
www.qualitysolicitors.com is a site operated by Quality Solicitors Organisation Limited (we or us). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 06616950 and we have our registered office at New Walk House, 108-110 New Walk Leicester, LE1 7EA.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards as detailed below.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website Terms and Conditions.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation, chat rooms and notice/ bulletin boards within our site. Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and Termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the Acceptable Use Policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.