Solicitor / Legal Executive - Court of Protection
Job type: Fee earning
Salary: Competitive / Negotiable
Hours: 36.25 per week (full time)
We are seeking a Private Client Solicitor / Legal Executive to join our busy and experienced Court of Protection team at our Exeter Office.
The role covers all aspects of Court of Protection work. We operate with the assistance of a progressive case management system.
The successful candidate will have experience with:
- Running files and work with the Deputy in dealing with the Court of Protection and the OPG.
- Communicating with the individual and their family to establish long-term relationships and to obtain views and background to assist with “best interest” decisions
- Advising on the Mental Capacity Act, and provide guidance on family disputes
- Preparing general Court Applications
- Preparing Statutory Will Applications
- Representing the Deputy at Court of Protection Hearings; instruct Counsel as appropriate
- Investigating suspicions of Financial Abuse
Personal qualities required:
- Have strong organisational and time management skills
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Have good communications skills with an ability to explain complex areas of law in a simple and coherent way
- Have good attention to detail
If you do not already hold a STEP qualification then we would support the successful candidate in the relevant studies to achieve this standard.
All members of our Team take an enthusiastic interest in the department’s business development and we would wish for you to actively participate in this role.
Dunn & Baker Solicitors are offering for the right individual excellent prospects for career development and also a competitive salary.
How to apply
For further details or to apply for the position please contact / send your CV to email@example.com.
A DBS check is required for this post.