A property owner has a duty to inform neighbours about any work they intend to carry out. The neighbour then has the opportunity to agree or object to the plans. The rules of the agreement - such as time limits, compensation and temporary protection for buildings and property - should also be discussed. If a neighbour does not agree to the work, this does not necessarily mean it cannot go ahead as an independent surveyor can be appointed to decide what work can be done, and how and when.

At QualitySolicitors we advise on all matters involving party walls. We can explain what types of work are covered by the Party Wall Act; advise what to do if you’ve received a party wall notice, or help you issue a notice before undertaking your own work.

We offer a free initial assessment promise, meaning you can chat to us about your own particular case with no obligations. With our no hidden costs and same day response promises, getting answers to your questions is quick and straightforward, so give us a call on 01388 881 593 and find out how we can help you.