Our Family team has substantial experience in dealing with all issues relating to children. We will explore the options available to you to resolve the issues whether by agreement or through Court proceedings.

On the occasions when agreement is not possible there are a variety of Court Orders that can be applied for. These could include Residence Orders, formerly known as custody, Contact Orders, formerly known as access, Prohibited Steps Orders, which would prevent action such as a child being removed to another Country and Specific Issue Orders, which might deal with particular issues relating to a child’s upbringing, such as a change of surname or schooling. There may also be finance and property issues that you require assistance with for both you and your children. We can advise you on these full range of issues.

Our team can also help you with all aspects of Special Guardianship, which often involves wider family members. A Special Guardianship Order can be an alternative to a Residence Order or Adoption.