Conveyancing solicitors manage the legal processes involved in property transactions, including buying a house. Our conveyancing solicitors understand that efficient conveyancing is the key to successful completion. We minimise stress by responding quickly to your questions and keeping you informed at every stage.
When to engage conveyancing solicitors
Our conveyancing solicitors offer the following services:
- Buying and selling property - We make the process of buying and selling land or property as smooth and hassle-free as we can.
- Land registration - Our property solicitors can find out whether your land is registered. If it is not registered, we can make an application to the Land Registry.
- Moving a right of way easement - When a property has a right of way easement it can cause you problems. We can advise you about your options and whether changes can be made through a Deed of Variation.
- Remortgaging - Whether you are looking for a more favourable mortgage deal or you want to release equity from your property, our solicitors can make sure your financial future is protected.
- Subdividing land - If you wish to divide your land into different plots, we will carry out due diligence and undertake all the legal steps involved.
- Updating titles - If you want to transfer ownership of your property due to a change in your circumstances, we can undertake the legal requirements and submit documents to the Land Registry.
We work meticulously to protect your interests and provide expert advice throughout your property transaction.
What to look for when choosing a conveyancing solicitor
If you are researching solicitors for buying a house, it can be overwhelming, here are a few things to consider:
1. Experience and knowledge of the local area
Local property solicitors have connections with local estate agents, and they understand the local housing market. They know about upcoming developments and other localised factors that might impact your property purchase.
2. Different channels of communication
At Yates & Co, we understand that it may be inconvenient to talk to your solicitor on the telephone between 9am and 5pm during the week. That is why we offer multiple lines of communication, including email, video calls and live chat.
We know that the legal work of buying or selling your home can be stressful as well as exciting, so we make sure it is easy for you to talk to your solicitor whenever you need to. You will receive a direct email address and telephone number for your solicitor.
3. Competitive fees
Sometimes solicitors quote a low price, but when their clients receive a bill, they have a nasty shock. They discovered that the quote they received before the conveyancing process started only covered legal fees and not Land Registry fees and property searches. Yates & Co are upfront about costs from the start, so there are no surprises. We are fair and transparent about our conveyancing fees.
4. Quality over pricing
Your property is probably the most valuable investment you own. The price of legal services is a key consideration when choosing a solicitor, but quality of service is a greater priority. It is very important to choose a conveyancing solicitor who is proactive and has your interests at heart.
If the conveyancing process is slow and inefficient, a property transaction can fall through. That is because a buyer or seller may drop out of a property chain, either because they have become tired of waiting or their personal circumstances have changed during that time.
When a solicitor does not communicate with their client or with other solicitors in a property chain, it causes delays, misunderstanding and unnecessary stress.
Our licensed conveyancers have great empathy for their clients. The service they deliver meets the same high standards they would expect to receive themselves.
Cost of the conveyancing process
When you move house, there are two costs involved: your solicitor’s costs and the other fees, such as searches. The quote you receive from Yates & Co will cover both costs to help you plan your budget.
Conveyancing transactions vary in complexity, so please contact us on 0115 947 4486 for a quote tailored to your circumstances.
Yates & Co are here to help
Our conveyancing solicitors are accredited by the Law Society’s Conveyancing and Quality Scheme. They are highly skilled with a wealth of local knowledge, and they work proactively on your behalf.
Your solicitor will respond quickly to your questions, keeping you informed at every stage. You will never be left in the dark wondering how your transaction is progressing.
To arrange a quote, please call the firm today on 0115 947 4486.