With us, you’ll always find our lawyers are friendly and approachable. That’s why we promise you that as our client, you will always be given the direct phone and email details of your lawyer – making it easy to get in touch.Find out more
Complaints Handling Policy
1. We are committed to providing a high quality legal service and to dealing with all our clients fairly. We acknowledge that we may not always get it right so if something has gone wrong, including in relation to the bill, we need you to tell us.
2. You can contact us in writing (by letter, fax or email) or by speaking with our complaints manager whose contact details are:
JULIAN CANN, Solicitor
31 High Street
3. To help us to understand your complaint, and in order that we do not miss anything, please tell us:
- your full name and contact details
- what you think we have got wrong
- what you hope to achieve as a result of your complaint, and
- your file reference number (if you have it)
4. If you require any help in making your complaint we will try to help you.
5. We will write to you within 3 working days acknowledging your complaint, enclosing a copy of this policy.
6. We will investigate your complaint. This will usually involve:
- reviewing your complaint
- reviewing your file(s) and other relevant documents, and
- speaking with the person who dealt with your matter
7. We may also need to ask you for further information or documents. If so, we will ask you to provide the information within a specific period of time.
8. We may also, if appropriate, invite you to a meeting to discuss your complaint. You do not have to attend if you do not wish to or if you are unable to. We will be happy to discuss the matter with you on the telephone. Please let us know how you would prefer us to deal with the matters you raise ie by meeting, telephone or email/letter
9. We will write to you at the end of our investigation to tell you what we have done and what we propose to do to resolve your complaint. We aim to do this within 21 days of the date of our letter of acknowledgement.
10. If you are unhappy with the outcome of our complaints handling procedure please first let us know and we will review the matter.
11. If you are still unhappy you can ask the Legal Ombudsman to look into your complaint who can be contacted:
- by post at PO Box 6806 Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ; or
- by telephone: 0300 555 0333 between 8.30am and 5.30pm, or
- by email: email@example.com
12. You must usually refer your complaint within 6 months of our final written response to your complaint or within 6 years of the act or omission about which you are complaining occurring (or if outside of this period, within 3 years of when you should reasonably have been aware of it).
13. Further details are available on the website: www.legalombudsman.org.uk.
14. We will not charge you for handling your complaint.
15. Please note that if we have issued a bill for work done on the matter, and all or some of the bill is not paid, we may be entitled to charge interest on the amount outstanding.
16. The Legal Ombudsman service is free of charge.
QualitySolicitors Gould & Swayne
Have a question or need some help? Call us today on 01458 442433
Your local legal experts
QualitySolicitors is the largest network of law firms in the UK, with local law firms spanning the whole of England and Wales and customer service at the heart of everything we do.
We are dedicated to providing the highest quality legal advice and expertise for our clients, but in a way that’s far friendlier, more accessible and clear-talking than you might expect from a law firm.
Have you ever wanted to just ask a lawyer if they can help you, without worrying about what it may cost to contact them? If so, call QualitySolicitors and together we can work out what your next steps might be... in confidence, at no cost and with no obligation. At QualitySolicitors, our Free Initial Assessment promise puts you directly in touch with a local law firm who will happily talk to you for free over the phone to clarify how they can help you.Find out more
Using a solicitor doesn’t have to involve any unexpected costs. We promise to confirm the full costs you can expect before we begin any work and keep you informed throughout. And we won’t start any work until we know you’re happy with our estimate.Find out more
Need a lawyer who’ll get in touch when they say they will and not leave you in the dark? Good news – we promise to you, our clients - call or email us by 3pm, Monday to Friday and you’ll hear back from us the very same day. And if we can’t give you a full response straight away because your question needs further investigation, we’ll always let you know and give you details of exactly when we’ll next be in touch.Find out more