When to engage conveyancing solicitors
Our conveyancing solicitors offer the following services:
- Buying and selling property. We make the process of buying and selling land or property as smooth and hassle-free as we can.
- Land registration. Our property solicitors can find out whether your land is registered. If it is not registered, we can make an application to the Land Registry.
- Leasehold enfranchisements. Talk to our specialist property solicitors if you are considering buying the freehold to your leasehold property. We can provide the specialist advice you need.
- Moving a right of way easement. When a property has a right of way easement it can cause you problems. We can advise you about your options and whether changes can be made through a Deed of Variation.
- Notarial services. Our experienced solicitors draw up and validate documents for transactions involving property abroad.
- Remortgaging. Whether you are looking for a more favourable mortgage deal or you want to release equity from your property, our solicitors can make sure your financial future is protected.
- Subdividing land. If you wish to divide your land into different plots, we will carry out due diligence and undertake all the legal steps involved.
- Updating titles. If you want to transfer ownership of your property due to a change in your circumstances, we can undertake the legal requirements and submit documents to the Land Registry.
We work meticulously to protect your interests and provide expert advice throughout your property transaction.
8 things to look for when choosing a conveyancing solicitor
If you are researching solicitors for buying a house, it can be overwhelming. Here is what to look for:
1. Experience and knowledge of the local area
Local property solicitors have connections with local estate agents, and they understand the local housing market. They know about upcoming developments and other localised factors that might impact your property purchase.
At QualitySolicitors Gould & Swayne, we have years of local knowledge combined with very experience staff, which is invaluable to buyers.
2. Different channels of communication
We understand that it may be inconvenient to talk to your solicitor on the telephone between 9am and 5pm during the week. That is why we offer multiple lines of communication, including email, video calls and live chat.
We know that the legal work of buying or selling your home can be stressful as well as exciting, so we make sure it is easy for you to talk to your solicitor whenever you need to. You will receive a direct email address and telephone number for your solicitor.
3. Competitive fees
One of the most important things to consider when looking for a conveyancing solicitor is competitive price. Are their fees competitive for the area? Do they offer genuine value for money?
Sometimes solicitors quote a low price, but when their clients receive a bill, they have a nasty shock. They discovered that the quote they received before the conveyancing process started only covered legal fees and not Land Registry fees and property searches.
When you compare conveyancing quotes, it is advisable to look carefully at what is included. Are there any additional charges in the small print?
At QualitySolicitors Gould & Swayne we offer a Clear Price Guarantee. That means we are upfront about costs from the start, so there are no surprises. We are fair and transparent about our conveyancing fees.
4. Quality over pricing
Your property is probably the most valuable investment you own. The price of legal services is a key consideration when choosing a solicitor, but quality of service is a greater priority. It is very important to choose a conveyancing solicitor who is proactive and has your interests at heart.
If the conveyancing process is slow and inefficient, a property transaction can fall through. That is because a buyer or seller may drop out of a property chain, either because they have become tired of waiting or their personal circumstances have changed during that time.
When a solicitor does not communicate with their client or with other solicitors in a property chain, it causes delays, misunderstanding and unnecessary stress.
Our licensed conveyancers have great empathy for their clients. The service they deliver meets the same high standards they would expect to receive themselves.
One of the best ways to find a solicitor is by asking family and friends for recommendations. What did they think about the quality and speed of the conveyancing service they received? Did they think the fees were reasonable?
Strong reputations are built on personal recommendations. Please check the client testimonial page on your chosen firms' website. Our testimonials can be viewed here.
Buying a new house is one of life’s adventures, and we believe it should be enjoyable.
Our conveyancing solicitors are approachable, friendly and always happy to answer your questions. When you contact your solicitor, if they are not available, they will contact you as soon as they can.
We want to make buying or selling a property a pleasant experience, so you have positive memories to look back on.
7. Check online reviews and ratings
Online reviews and ratings can help you to choose the right solicitor. Make sure the review is for conveyancing rather than another legal department within the same firm.
It is also advisable to observe how a solicitor responds to both positive and negative reviews. Do they respond quickly, calmly, and positively to all the feedback they receive?
If your solicitor is local, it means you can meet them face-to-face if you wish. It can be reassuring to know you can drop into their office for advice when you need to.
When you have a local solicitor, you can ask them to witness your signature on legal documents, such as mortgage deeds, title deeds, exchange contracts and transfer deeds.
This can save you from having to find people who meet the criteria to witness your signature.
Cost of the conveyancing process
When you move house, there are two costs involved: your solicitor’s costs and the other fees, such as searches. The quote you receive from QualitySolicitors Gould & Swayne will cover both costs to help you plan your budget.
Conveyancing transactions vary in complexity, so please contact us on 01458 201347 for a quote tailored to your circumstances.
How QualitySolicitors Gould & Swayne can help
Our conveyancing solicitors are accredited by the Law Society’s Conveyancing and Quality Scheme. They are highly skilled with a wealth of local knowledge, and they work proactively on your behalf.
Your solicitor will respond quickly to your questions, keeping you informed at every stage. You will never be left in the dark wondering how your transaction is progressing.
To arrange a quote, please call us today on 01458 201347, or fill in our contact form and we will get back to you within 24 hours.