Motoring offences fees
The exact cost will depend on the individual circumstances of the matter. In certain circumstances we may be able to offer you a fixed fee. For example we will advise and represent you in relation to summary only motoring offences where you enter a guilty plea [e.g. No Insurance, Drink or Drug Driving and Speeding offences, for a fixed fee of £360 (inclusive of VAT)
The fee includes:
- Up to a maximum of 2 hours attendance/preparation:
- considering evidence
- taking your instructions
- providing advice on likely sentence
- Attendance and representation at a single hearing at the Magistrates Court
The fee does not include:
- instruction of any expert witnesses
- taking statements from any witnesses
- advice and assistance in relation to a special reasons hearing
- advice or assistance in relation to any appeal
The key stages of your matter are based on the presumption that you have entered a guilty plea and have a date for your hearing.
- Meet with your solicitor to provide instructions on what happened.
- We will consider initial disclosure, and any other evidence and provide advice.
- Arranging to take any witness statements if necessary (this will have an additional cost, chargeable at our hourly rate (see below)
- We will explain the court procedure to you so you know what to expect on the day of your hearing, and the sentencing options available to the court.
- We will conduct any further preparatory work, obtain further instructions from you if necessary and answer any follow up queries you have.
- We cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place, as this depends on the court listing for that day.
- We will attend court on the day and meet with you before going before the court. We anticipate being at court for [e.g. half a day].
- We will discuss the outcome with you. If advice is required on appeal, this will carry an additional cost.
Where we are not able to offer you a fixed fee we will provide you with an estimate of the work involved in dealing with your matter including anticipated hours to complete the work at our current hourly rate of £201 + VAT per hour, together with the costs of any anticipated expenses.