Nathalie qualified as a Solicitor in 2006 and joined Quality Solicitors Harris Waters as an Associate in July 2013. She became a Partner in July 2018. Nathalie specialises exclusively in child and family proceedings.
Experience & Areas of Expertise
Nathalie advises on a wide range of family issues including divorce, financial proceedings, care proceedings, Special Guardianship Orders, complex child arrangements disputes including who children “live with” and “spend time with” (formerly known as “residence” and “contact”), specific issue and prohibited steps orders, applications for the disclosure of a child’s whereabouts, child abduction, permission to permanently remove children from the jurisdiction of England and Wales, and domestic abuse, including emergency protection. Nathalie has a particular interest in children’s cases and is often instructed to act by parents/grandparents and other parties.
Nathalie is a member of the Law Society Advanced Family Accreditation Scheme. She is also an accredited member of Resolution (formerly the Solicitor’s Family Law Association). Resolution specialists are members who have submitted themselves to a rigorous assessment to demonstrate the highest levels of knowledge, practical application of the law and best practice. Nathalie's specialist subjects are Private Children Act matters and Domestic Abuse.
Recognition / Awards
- Named as a "Rising Star" in Super Lawyers Magazine 2013, 2014 and 2015.
- Ranked in the Good Lawyer Guide, the independent guide to Solicitors in England and Wales.
- Named in Lawyer Monthly Women in Law Awards 2019.
- London Borough of Redbridge v SNA  EWHC 2140 (Fam) (21 July 2015)
- EE & ME (Children) (Habitual Residence)  EWHC 3363 (Fam) (20 December 2016)
- AS and BS (Habitual residence)  EWFC 101 (15 December 2020)
- The Law on Access to Your Children: LBBD News 11 June 2011 (Page 19)
- Difficult Domestic Situations: LBBD News 5 February 2011 (Page 17)
- Nathalie is also a regular contributor to Father’s Quarterly Magazine.
Pro Bono Work
Nathalie is passionate about pro bono work and believes it is very important to give something back to the community. She has volunteered at the Community Advice Programme (CAP) at the Ealing Racial Equality Council, Toynbee Hall Free Legal Advice Centre and Victim Support.
Nathalie is a member of LawWorks (The Solicitors Pro Bono Group), NAGALRO, the Association of Lawyers for Children, Amnesty International, The Association of Women Solicitors, Gingerbread and Young Legal Aid Lawyers.