Come along to our free Wills and Powers of Attorney advice clinic.
Drop in or book an appointment.
Saturday - 28th February 2015 between 9.30 - 2.00 p.m.
Meet our Private Client Solicitor - Andrea Belshaw for a coffee and a confidential chat. Find out more about why you should have an up to date Will and about the benefits of Lasting Powers of Attorney.
Having a will is arguably one of the most important things you can do for you and your family. Not only can a will legally protect your spouse or partner, children, and assets, it can also spell out exactly how you would like things handled after you have passed on.
Here are our top reasons for having a will written:
- You decide who your estate passes to.
- Avoid legal challenges after you have passed.
- You can update your will during your lifetime if your circumstances change.
- Speed up the probate process.
- You can disinherit individuals who would otherwise stand to inherit.
- Make gifts or donations to favourite charities and organisations.
- Tomorrow is not guaranteed - many people delay writing a will for a wide range of reasons and realise one is needed when it might be too late.
- Leaving a will until near the end of your life can be a challenging experience at an already difficult time. Writing a will now could significantly reduce such stresses later in life.
- At QualitySolicitors Belshaws we charge low fixed fees for simple single persons and couples mirror wills - we make the whole process simple and quick.
People are living longer but with that comes the possibility that at some stage you may no longer be physically or mentally able to look after your property and financial affairs or make decisions about your health and welfare. A Lasting Power of Attorney made now will give you pleace of mind that you've made arrangements for those you trust to look after your best interests should the need arise.
And here are our top reasons for having Lasting Powers of Attorney in place:-
- You choose who you wish to act on your behalf. You are therefore in control of this important appointment to make sure you have someone you trust to look after your affairs.
- If you do not make a Lasting Power of Attorney before you become unable to look after your affairs then an application would need to made to Court for a Deputy to be appointed for you. You will have no choice in the appointment of the Deputy and the legal costs involved are considerably more expensive.
- You can make a Lasting Power of Attorney for Property & Financial Affairs or a Lasting Power of Attorney for Health & Welfare, or both. You decide which of these are appropriate for you and your circumstances.
- A Lasting Power of Attorney for Property & Financial Affairs is valid as soon as it is completed and can be used once it is registered with the Court if you want it to.
- The Court fee has been reduced from £130 to £110!
- At QualitySolicitors Belshaws - you can be sure of our low fixed fee price promise.
We look forward to seeing you!
If you prefer to book an appointment then please call us on 0800 169 9432 today.