Motoring offence cost and services
Drink driving offence, guilty plea – fixed fee £350.00 – Local Court Doncaster
- 2 hours attendance/preparation:
1. considering evidence
2. taking your instructions
3. providing advice on likely sentence
- Attendance and representation at a single hearing at the Magistrates Court
The fee does not include:
- instruction of any expert witnesses
- taking statements from any witnesses
- advice and assistance in relation to a special reason hearing
- advice or assistance in relation to any appeal
The key stages of your matter are based on the presumption that you have entered a guilty plea and have a date for your hearing.
- Meet with your solicitor to provide instructions on what happened.
- We will consider initial disclosure, and any other evidence and provide advice.
- Arranging to take any witness statements if necessary (this will have an additional cost, of £75 per witness).
- We will explain the court procedure to you so you know what to expect on the day of your hearing, and the sentencing options available to the court.
- We will conduct any further preparatory work, obtain further instructions from you if necessary and answer any follow up queries you have.
- We cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place, as this depends on the court listing for that day.
- We will attend court on the day and meet with you before going before the court. We anticipate being at court for [e.g. half a day].
- We will discuss the outcome with you. If advice is required on appeal, this will carry an additional cost.
These principles would also apply to any fixed Fee Magistrates Appearance (including other motoring matters for Local Court)
Out of Doncaster Representation
It is necessary to travel Higher charges where you ask us to travel to more distant Courts and the Fee will be dependent upon how many hours we will be engaged and Travel Costs. Typically, ¾ of a Day will incur a Fixed Fee Charge of £750 + Vat + Travel. A Full day would be £1000 + Vat + Travel
We will look at the matter and seek to agree a cost-effective fee based on the circumstances of the case