Google Adwords 0808 278 1398 Bing Ads 0808 274 4482

NHS Continuing Healthcare

If you or a relative are receiving care, and you have complex and ongoing health needs then you could be eligible for NHS Continuing Healthcare. NHS Continuing Healthcare is a package of health care arranged and funded solely by the NHS. The setting in which the care is being received has no effect on eligibility.

A person could be being cared for in a nursing hone, a residential home or in their own home and be eligible for this method of funding if they have a primary health need. Health Boards can often make arbitrary decisions in relation to Continuing Healthcare funding, based on the patient’s ability to pay rather than their primary health needs and assess them on a basis of any income, savings or capital assets.  As a result they may be eligible for NHS Continuing Healthcare but are not receiving it.  

If you have a relative who has passed away but was receiving care for complex and on-going health needs prior to their death then you may be able to make a retrospective claim for NHS Continuing Healthcare and re-claim the fees previously paid by your relative from the NHS.  However, you can only make a retrospective claim for a period of care no longer than 12 months from the date of your claim.

QS J A Hughes have specialist lawyers who can assist you in making a claim either for on going care or a retrospective claim.  Work carried out by us could include assessing the likelihood of eligibility for Continuing Healthcare, registering a claim with the relevant Local Health Board, compiling the necessary evidence, liaising with the Health Board and attending any Review Hearings.

We could help you or your relative receive the package of care that you should be entitled to or recover fees that you should not have been or should not be paying for.

For confidential expert advice call us today on 01446 411 000 to see how we would be able to help you.

Team members

Duncan Kennedy
Megan Jones
Barry - King Square, Penarth

Expert legal advice you can rely on:

Expert legal advice you can rely on,
get in touch today:

Please let us know you are not a robot

Your local legal experts

Why QualitySolicitors?

QualitySolicitors is the largest network of law firms in the UK, with local law firms spanning the whole of England and Wales and customer service at the heart of everything we do.

We are dedicated to providing the highest quality legal advice and expertise for our clients, but in a way that’s far friendlier, more accessible and clear-talking than you might expect from a law firm.