The person(s) responsible for dealing with the administration of an estate will depend on whether the deceased has left a Will or not.  If there is a Will the Executors named in the Will are responsible for dealing with the estate and applying for a Grant of Probate from the Probate Registry.  If there is no Will or what is drafted is not legally valid this requires an Administrator who must apply for a Grant of Letters of Administration, again from the Probate Registry.  An Administrator is often the next of kin but is decided in accordance with a set of rules.  At QS J A Hughes we act on behalf of Executors or Administrators and can guide them through the whole administration procedure.

At QS J A Hughes, we advise you how to do this. We can deal with your questions and help you understand the whole process. In some circumstances, you may ask us to act as the estate administrator. Whatever your situation, we can guide you through the process. We keep things simple. We promise to keep in regular contact with you and will always use plain English.

If you need support administrating an estate and you aren’t sure what to do, let QualitySolicitors J A Hughes give you the answers. Contact one of our offices today.