Magistrates Court Representation
QualitySolicitors Large & Gibson are local criminal solicitors in the Portsmouth area who are able to provide effective legal representation for a number of magistrate court offences.
Our pricing for summary for offences in the Magistrates Court
For a single hearing guilty plea
This includes motoring offences, for example: speeding, no insurance, drink driving – fixed fee £450 excluding vat .
Our fee includes:
2 hours attendance and representation at a single hearing at the Magistrates Court
Our fee does not include:
- Travel time to the court
- Travel costs such as petrol and parking
- instruction of any expert witnesses
- taking statements from any witnesses
- advice and assistance in relation to a special reasons hearing
- advice or assistance in relation to any appeal
For a not guilty plea to a summary offence in the Magistrates Court
Our pricing for a summary trial is as follows:
Half a day (or less) £1,500 excluding vat
1 day trial £2,000 excluding vat
For each additional day (or part of a day) £1,000 excluding vat
Our fee includes
- Meet with your solicitor to take instructions.
- We will consider initial disclosure, and any other evidence and provide advice.
- Arranging to take any witness statements if necessary.
- We will explain the court procedure to you so you know what to expect on the day of your trial including the sentencing options available to the court if you are convicted.
- We will conduct the preparatory work for your trial , obtain further instructions from you if necessary .
- We cannot provide a timescale of when your trial will take place, as this depends on the court listing for that day.
- We will attend the first court hearing with you at which your plea is taken and when the court will give directions for trial
- We will attend any subsequent case management hearing
- We will at represent you in court at the trial and conduct the case on your behalf .
- We will discuss the outcome with you. If advice is required on appeal, this will carry an additional cost.
Our fee does not include: travel time to the court or travel costs such as petrol and parking.
We may decide to brief a barrister to represent you in court, in which case the choice of barrister will be made in consultation with yourself beforehand. Unless you are informed otherwise (for example, in case of unusual complexity) our fixed pricing includes the fee for representation in court, whether it is by a solicitor or by counsel.