- The Guardian published an article which highlighted their own view on special education needs. They identified that Local Authorities need more money to fund SEND provision (something that has been stressed time and time again) “by creating a new system and not funding it properly, ministers put councils and families in an impossible position”. FULL ARTICLE HERE.
- The latest Government update has announced that interim visits from OFSTED to check on SEND provisions will start next month (October 2020)… READ MORE.
- Lockdown has exacerbated so many mental health and anxiety issues in children who were already struggling with school, so the impact of the return to school is likely to make it even harder. Is this the answer?... CLICK FOR MORE.
- Daisy Cooper has been appointed as Liberal Democrats Deputy Leader and has some interesting things to say about education. LATEST NEWS.
- A new campaign has been launched to understand why children are failing to attend school. An interesting topic or something for parents currently struggling to participate in – FIND OUT MORE.
- For anyone who is interested in the topics/ conversations covered in Parliament which focus on SEND, this is certainly something to keep on eye on… VIEW CONVERSATIONS.
Did you know that our Education Law Team offer FREE initial advice? If you have any concerns or need further advice, why not give our friendly SEN Lawyers a call on 01926 354704 or email; firstname.lastname@example.org.