Motoring offences pricing
Drink driving offence, guilty plea – fixed fee £750 plus VAT
- 2 hours attendance/preparation:
- considering evidence
- taking your instructions
- providing advice on likely sentence
- Attendance and representation at a single hearing at the Magistrates Court
The fee does not include:
- instruction of any expert witnesses
- taking statements from any witnesses
- advice and assistance in relation to a special reasons hearing
- advice or assistance in relation to any appeal
The key stages of your matter are based on the presumption that you have entered a guilty plea and have a date for your hearing.
- Meet with your solicitor to provide instructions on what happened.
- We will consider initial disclosure, and any other evidence and provide advice.
- Arranging to take any witness statements if necessary (this will have an additional cost, of £190 per hour plus VAT).
- We will explain the court procedure to you so you know what to expect on the day of your hearing, and the sentencing options available to the court.
- We will conduct any further preparatory work, obtain further instructions from you if necessary and answer any follow up queries you have.
- We cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place, as this depends on the court listing for that day.
- We will attend court on the day and meet with you before going before the court. We anticipate being at court for [e.g. half a day].
- We will discuss the outcome with you. If advice is required on appeal, this will carry an additional cost.
Summary only motoring offences, dealt with in a single hearing, we charge a fixed fee of £600 plus VAT to represent you in Court.
If your case requires more detailed preparation i.e. a face-to-face appointment prior to the hearing, we would need to review that fixed fee to reflect the additional time spent with you, preparing your case. For example, this may apply in cases were you will be considering a legal argument of ‘Exceptional Hardship’ or ‘Special Reasons’ to retain your driving licence. We are happy to discuss this with you and advise of any change to the fixed fee cost at the outset.