- A changing narrative… this article demonstrates the reason why families chose to place loved ones into care homes during the COVID-19 pandemic. To read more, CLICK HERE
- The promise for visits in care homes at Christmas comes at a price. A Guardian article published on 18 November 2020 states that care bosses are demanding £500 million in extra government funding to enable care homes to facilitate safe visiting practices. This article highlights the growing concerns among care home regarding infection control and the effect on residents during the festive period. To read more, CLICK HERE.
- “Wigan Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) has paid out more in redress than anywhere else in the region”. Wigan CCG has paid over £3,581,490.20 since 2012 to families who were wrongfully denied NHS funding for the cost of care. To read the full article published by Wigan Today, CLICK HERE
- A recent Ombudsman decision of Brighton & Hove City Council found the local authority to be at fault in the handling of Ms M’s case where her capital reduced below £23,250. The decision found that the local authority took a considerable amount of time to agree a personal budget sufficient to meet Ms M needs. Alarmingly, the local authority advised Ms M to move to a cheaper care home despite the concerns of Ms M’s GP and anxieties regarding alternative placements. To read the full decisions, CLICK HERE.
- The Financial Reporter published an article looking at the key role Financial Advisers can play 'filling the knowledge gap' on fully funded NHS care. This highlights the important role Financial Advisers can play in ensuring clients organising socialcare for themselves or a loved one, make it a priority to check whether they qualify for NHS continuing healthcare funding. CLICK HERE.
If you need help and advice on any of the above or you have concerns about a loved ones care, call our team today on 01926 354704.