Redundancy ranks as one of the most stressful life experiences for many people and it is important that you protect your interests by ensuring the redundancy process is carried out in accordance with your contract and legal redundancy rights.
Important issues to consider are:-
- Do you know what you are facing – voluntary or compulsory redundancy or something else?
- Do you know who to talk to?
- Do you know your entitlements?
- Do you know whether you have to work your notice?
- Do you know your options?
- Do you think your redundancy is fair?
- Have you been asked to sign a settlement agreement?
Seeking legal advice at a very early stage can protect both the employer and employee from unsatisfactory arrangements or claims and can help the process run as smoothly as possible for everyone.
If you are unable to answer the above questions and would like some assistance you can call the employment team at Moore & Tibbits for an initial first free interview to help and support you with your next steps.
Contact: Tim Ollerenshaw or Parveen Sidhu on 01926 674544