Full details of the Government guidance can be found here. The guidance provides details on how the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) and NHS England and NHS Improvement expect the local authorities and Clinical Commissioning Groups to deal with cases. The key points are:
- From 1 September 2020, NHS CHC assessments should be reintroduced.
- NHS CHC and Care Act assessments will be carried out and eligibility decisions confirmed within the 6 weeks following a discharge from hospital in line with the hospital discharge service: policy and operating model (August 2020).
- NHS CHC referrals, reviews and assessments that have been received between 19 March and 31 August 2020, and any that have been deferred as a result of the COVID-19 hospital discharge service requirements (March 2020) will commence from 1st September 2020.
Continuing healthcare funding is NOT means tested and if your loved one has healthcare needs they are entitled to a fair and robust assessment. There is a lot of misinformation with regard to continuing healthcare funding and indeed many people are not aware of the funding or are simply told they will not be eligible.
If you have:
- Received NHS continuing healthcare funding during Covid-19 but are at risk of it being withdrawn
- Been waiting for a CHC assessment and are not sure what to do or how to get through it.
- Already been paying care fees but have not been assessed for NHS continuing healthcare funding
- Been told you need to pay for care because you have savings or a home
Contact us on 01926 354704 – we are here to help.
Why choose Moore & Tibbits?
We deal with the continuing healthcare process on a daily basis and understand the challenges facing families. Our team are friendly, compassionate, knowledgeable and are passionate about protecting the rights of the vulnerable in our society. Our specialist health and community care team includes legal and medical experts with expertise in social care, NHS continuing healthcare, paying for care, mental capacity, best interests decision making and much more. We are one of the very few law firms nationwide to have a dedicated team dealing with NHS continuing healthcare and are also able to offer:
- Fixed price consultancy service for NHS continuing healthcare
- Legal aid for community care issues for those on low incomes who satisfy the eligibility criteria.
Call 01926 354704 for a free initial telephone consultation or email: DebbieA@moore-tibbits.co.uk