Google Adwords 0808 278 1398 Bing Ads 0808 274 4482

Can I take my employer to an employment tribunal if they made my work so unpleasant that I was forced to quit?

You may be able to claim constructive dismissal, but this isn’t always easy. You will need to show that your employer’s behaviour was fundamentally serious — for example, publicly physically assaulting you — rather than a minor problem. You will also need to show that this was the reason for your resignation.

It can be more difficult to make a successful claim if you resigned without trying to resolve your complaint using your employer’s grievance procedure. Equally, an employment tribunal may doubt your claim if you delay your resignation too long.

Whatever the circumstances, you should take legal advice. A free initial enquiry will help you understand what you should do.

Related FAQs

Expert legal advice you can rely on,
get in touch today

Please let us know you are not a robot

Your local legal experts

Why QualitySolicitors?

With QualitySolicitors your first initial assessment is free, so you can call us without worrying about being charged for a call you might not have actually needed to make. And because we place our clients are at the heart of everything we do, we make these five customer service promises to make sure you'll feel properly looked after.

This is why, in the first instance, most people looking for legal help in relation to a 'Home And Property' call QualitySolicitors for a Free Initial Assessment over the phone before requesting our Ask the Legal Expert service; which is an introductory 45-minute face-to-face consultation for £99.