All Moore and Tibbits’ wills are individually prepared by local expert lawyers, giving you complete peace of mind that they are legally valid and that your wishes will be followed. Whether you want to ensure your family is provided for or have complex financial planning requirements, there’s a service suitable for your circumstances.
Making a Will
1 in 4 wills in a recent study by the Legal Services Board failed their official assessment, meaning they were either completely invalid or didn’t properly reflect what the person wanted to happen. Getting the right person to prepare your will is vital.
What type of will do I need
We offer three different types of will, each of which is then tailored to your particular circumstances by our expert lawyers.
- Decide who gets what – leave gifts to friends, relatives or charities.
- Appoint a Guardian to take responsibility for any children.
- Set out any funeral wishes
- Appoint the person you wish to carry out your will.
- Free lifetime storage (many firms charge an annual fee for this service).
- Free signing service Mon-Sat (we provide independent witnesses to ensure your will is valid)
- Everything in a standard will plus address more complex issues.
- Give a gift (e.g. your house) to a person for their lifetime only.
- Stop a child receiving a gift until they turn a specific age, e.g. 21.
- Exclude people who would normally expect to be included (e.g. wife/husband or children).
- Provide for on-going care of a person with a disability.
- Tailored to suit your needs – where you have more complex circumstances and requirements, you may benefit from more detailed advice on a bespoke will.
- If you have assets (including property) over the Inheritance Tax threshold (currently £325,000) you may benefit from more detailed advice on how to minimise the tax paid through your will. If you own a business this may also be a more suitable option for you.